• ++39 0536 942450
  • ++39 370 3729768
  • booking@ilovemaranello.com

Lambrusco di Modena

Lambrusco di Modena

lambrusco-of-modena-and-his-sue-cantine


The Lambruschi Doc: Lambrusco di Sorbara, Lambrusco Salamino of S.Croce and Lambrusco Grasparossa of Castelvetro.

PRODUCTION TIPICAZONAThe nor
th-east of the province of Modena, the so-called “low” Modena (Sorbara, Bomporto, Bastille, Campogalliano, Carpi, Modena, Nonantola, Ravarino, San Prospero, Soliera) is the production area of the Lambrusco of Sorbara.In the
soils of the Carpigiano northwest of the province of Modena (Campogalliano, Camposanto, Carpi, Concordia on the Secchia, Cavezzo, Medolla, Mirandola, Novi, San Felice on the Panaro, San Possidonio, Soliera) is cultivated the grape for the LambruscoSalamino of S.Croce.F
rom above plain and the hills of Modena (Castelvetro, Castelnuovo Rangone, Castelfranco Emilia, Fiorano, Formigine, Maranello, Marano on the Panaro, Prignano on the Secchia, San Cesario, Savignano on the Panaro, Spilamberto, Sassuolo, Vignola) finally originates the Lambrusco Castelvetro’s Grasparossa.

PIATTI ED INGREDIEN
TSLala is beautifully paired with all the dishes of the Emilia cuisine: appetizers (salumi, sausages, Parmesan-reggiano, etc.), first dishes (tortellini lasagne, noodles, etc.), second dishes (cotechino, zammpone, etc.). sweets (“bensone”, “amaretti”, etc.). 
For desserts comes the lovable version

BREVE HISTORY OF PRODUCTLam
brusco comes from the “labrusca” vine, already known to the Etruscans and the Romans, even earlier to the Ligurian Gauls. Cato talks about it in the 2st century AD. BC in the “De Agri Culture”
. Lucio Moderato Columella, Pliny the Elder, Roman encyclopedic, and Discoride, Greek doctor and pharmacologist, often cite the “labrusca” as early as the 1st century. About the characteristics of this ancient relative of Lambrusco, the great naturalist who died during an eruption of Vesuvius is quite clear. In a Latin that does not need translation states that it is “singular remedium to refrigerandos in morbis corporum ar
dores”. There is evidence of his transport to the ducal winery on 29 October 1693 and half a century later, his presence at court is already consolidated, so much so that in the related documents we speak of “strong black grapes”, coming from various areas of Modena,
including Sorbara.Il more Italian ampelographer, Italo Cosmo, in his monumental work “Main wine vines grown in Italy”, describes three different Modena Lambruschis: the Grasparossa, the Salamino and the Sorbara, which is judged by Cosmo himself the most important, because it gives a more valuable wine.

Lambrusco of Sorbar
aNoto also as Lambrusco of the purple for its characteristic floral scent, according to the production discipline, can be produced with a minimum 60% of grapes of the eponymous grape and a maximum 40% of Lambrusco Salamino. The most distinctive sensory characteristics are: the color from rosé to light ruby red and a lively foam with rosy tones, intense olfactory notes and good finesse among which you can recognize the violet and fruits such as currants, while at the palate the taste is fresh and delicate, of body not very pronounced. It can be produced in the red or rosé, dry, bite, lovable and sweet types.

Lambrusco Salamino di Santa Croce
The Salami grape is undoubtedly the most cultivated Lambrusco in Modena, as it has excellent vigour and provides a copious and constant production of grape harvest after harvest. The legislation stipulates that it must be produced with at least 90% of the grapes of the same grape and the remaining 10% from other Lambruschi Ancellotta and Fontana. the minimum alcohol content is 10.5 degrees. The sensory characteristics that distinguish it are: the pinkish or ruby red color loaded with tones that vary in purple and a fairly persistent effervescence that accompanies out of the glass winey and fruity notes. In the mouth it is fresh, savory, harmonious and moderately tannic. It is ideal to accompany any meal. You can drink it in the red or rosé, dry, bite, lovable and sweet types.

Castelvetro’s Lambrusco Grasparo
ssaUndoubtedly elegant and harmonious, although it has a stronger body than other types of lambrusco, it is pinkish or deep ruby red with purple shades and medium persistence foam, while the smell manifests winey notes and fresh fruit. The doc denomination stipulates that it is produced with grapes of Lambrusco Grasparossa at least 85% and the rest with the other Lambruschi Fontana and Malbo gentile. The minimum alcohol is 10.5. Castelvetro’s Lambrusco Grasparossa can be red or rosy, dry, bite-like, lovable and sweet.