• ++39 0536 942450
  • ++39 370 3729768
  • booking@ilovemaranello.com

Ducati Factory and Museum

Ducati Factory and Museum

museum-ducati

The museum is located in Borgo Panigale, in a 1,000 sqm factory in Ducati’s historic headquarters. It was unveiled in June 1998, to celebrate the first edition of World Ducati Week, although the inauguration dates back to October of the same year.

The environment in which the collection is stored, which testifies to the history of the borgo Panigale company, founded in 1926 by the Ducati brothers, is rather particular and original. It features a large central red helmet, surrounded by 33 motorcycles arranged on an illuminated track.

Livio Lodi, curator of the museum, has divided the historical roundup into seven multimedia themed rooms, in which the emotions aroused by the glorious motorcycles are evoked by vintage films, memorabilia and accessories that trace the history of the Ducati.

The first room celebrates the “Puppy”, the forefather of the collection; introduced on the Italian market in 1946 micromotor of Ducati that will become a great popular success and will provide a considerable help to the motorization.

The second room welcomes the motorcycles that decreed Ducati’s success in sports. These are the Gran Sport, familiarly nicknamed Marianne, designed to take part in the Giro d’Italia and Milan-Taranto.
In the third room are exposed the single-cylinder models and the trialberi parallel twin-cylinder.

The “wide carter” series models represent the culmination of the evolutionary line of Ducati single-cylinder cars. These models have established themselves on the market from the beginning thanks to their technical sophistication and performance.

Ducati engines with conive couple distribution are hosted by the fourth room. The advent of the 750 cm3 range of twin-cylinder engines, developed in the form of a prototype with the Grand Prix 500 cm3 motorcycles, which competed in 1971, has cemented Ducati’s reputation as a manufacturer of large-capacity motorcycles and has brought considerable technical contributions, up to the realization of the engine with belt transmission, the Pantha, which is celebrated in room five of the museum.

The sixth room is dedicated to Ducati’s participation in the World Superbike Championship, a competition that earned the historic Casa numerous victories. Finally, the seventh room exhibits a series of motorcycles that participated in motoGP, including the Ducati Desmodieci, which has conquered a place in the hearts of old and new enthusiasts. After thirty years of absence, the World Championship was a challenging challenge, but Ducati overcame one of the most powerful motorcycles to ever ride circuits around the world.